22 December 2008

New Attraction: Media Watch

Dear Readers:

Well, I just can't help myself. I have started "Media Watch" - a new blog for RealClearPolitics.

This won't come as much of a surprise. I'm still very engaged in and passionate about the media business, particularly the fate of the newspapers. This new blog will be refreshed daily with the latest news and opinions about the world of media.

I won't be mirroring every post here at the Zoo, so please be sure to check the blog at RealClearPolitics. But here's the first post:

=====

The newspaper business is in its death throes, apparently. But that hardly means journalism is dead.

The media industry is evolving at a breakneck pace in the opening stanza of the 21st century - and instead of just reporting the news, the media frequently find themselves in the news. Since we here at Real Clear Politics follow the news, it's become imperative for us to also keep up with the people who bring us the news.

A veteran newspaperman-cum-digital media maven, I relished this challenge. I got my first job as a paperboy at the age of 15 and worked up the newspaper food chain from there. In my 20 years as a journalist, I put in time both as an editor and a writer, covering diverse events ranging from the Super Bowl to Hong Kong's change of ownership.

Viewing the newspaper business as a sinking ship, I jumped into the high seas and surfed for the web. Three years ago I began a new life as the BCS Guru and six months ago I found my kindred spirits at Real Clear Politics and helped start our new international politics and news site Real Clear World.

Everyday, you'll find a little bit of something here covering the media - from the journalism realm to the business end. Your interest is most welcome, as are comments and tips. You may contact me at sam@realclearworld.com.


- Samuel Chi, December 2008

1 comment:

chik said...

Another notch on your blog belt. And you actually know who Beyonce is?! I'm shocked and awed.